FILFLA will be screened before the ‘Count of Monte Cristo’. Tickets can be purchased from here.
The festival will take place between 26th June and 18th July 2020 and will be hosting a series of cultural and entertainment activities staged along the Valletta Waterfront, intending to bring the Maltese artistic scene closer to the community in a celebration of summer.
Filfla is an award winning short animation by Fabrizio Ellul released in 2019. Done in an illustration/comic style inspired from the cell animation tradition, Filfla is a self-funded project. It is not funded by government funds, grants or private sponsorship.
Official Film Festival selections:
- Kinemastik International Short Film Festival – Audience Award (2019, Valletta)
- French Riviera Film Festival – Finalist (2019, Cannes, France)
- Valletta Film Festival – Official Selection (2019, Valletta, Malta)
- JellyFEST Film Festival – Semi – Finalist (2019, LA, California)
- Encounters Film Festival – Out of Competition (2019, Bristol, UK)
- CineXjenza (part of the Science in the City festival) – screening (2019, Valletta, Malta)
- End of Summer special screening (VFF and the Malta Airport Foundation) – screening (2019, Zurrieq, Malta)
- European ArtHouse Cinema Day – screening (2019, Valletta)
- Asia South East Short Film Festival – Special Mention (2019, Cambodia)
- ICONA 19 – Animation Film Festival – Official Selection (Corfu, Greece)
- Retrospective of Jupiter – Official Selection (online platform)
- EU Film Festival – Out of Competition (Accra and Kumasi, Ghana)
FILFLA STUDIO’s new short animation ‘MR TEDDY IS ANGRY‘ is slated for 2021