A Giant Teddy Appears in the Valletta Harbour. Media goes into a frenzy. Soon havoc follows.
Mr. Teddy is Angry is a short animation (4 mins) by Fabrizio Ellul done in a 2D frame-by-frame technique where every frame is digitally hand drawn.
It follows the story of a Giant Teddy that makes an appearance in the Valletta Grand Harbour and soon wreaks havoc.
The short animation is being produced by Filfla Studio and has received a ‘New Talent’ grant by Screen Malta.
Mr. Teddy is Angry was finalized in March 2021 and is currently being submitted to Film Festivals before being made available publicly.
This is Filfla Studio’s second animation after the award winning ‘Filfla’ which had won the Kinemastik International Short Film Festival Audience Award and was an Official Selection in various international Film Festivals.
Production: Filfla Studio
Story, art and animation: Fabrizio Ellul
Assistant Production: Feliciann Aquilina
Music: Owen Jay, Batti Batti Records
Funding: ‘New Talent’ – Screen Malta
Runtime: 4.03 (incl credits)
Status: Being submitted to Film Festivals.
For screenings please send an email to email@example.com
with the support of Screen Malta
Screenings and Awards
- Official Selection – Brooklyn SciFi Film Festival (2021, New York)
- Official Selection – Lagos International Festival of Animation, LIFANIMA (2021, Lagos)
- Semi-Finalist – Madrid Film Awards (2021, Madrid)
- Out of Competition – Minikino Short Film Festival, (2021, Bali)
- Finalist – French Riviera Film Festival (2021)
- Official Selection – Global Indie Film Fest (2021, Glasgow, Scotland)
- Quarter Finalist – BlastOff Film Festival, Season 5 (2021, LA)
- Finalist – Prague International Monthly Film Festival (2021, Prague)
- Honourable Mention – Onkyo Film Awards (2021, Ukraine)
- Finalist – Lisbon Film Rendezvous, 2021 (Lisbon, Portugal)
Limited Edition Prints
Filfla Studio is making available 16 original art works including 4 high resolution prints of Mr Teddy is Angry.
The works are on display at The Little Concept Store, 87, Blanche Street, Sliema.